Monday, March 21, 2011

My "Dear God No!" Experience. Part Four

  So after waiting around for about forty-five minutes with a tiny little bomb taped to my chest, the crew is finally ready to shoot.
  So, let's do the walk through. I'm urinating by the side of the building. (Really, Jimmy? Really? That's my one moment of acting glory in front of the camera? Pissing on the side of a building?) Finish. And as I'm zipping up and turning around. Bang! I catch a bullet in the chest.
  Wait...did the blood squib actually just go off? While we were doing the walk through? While the cameras weren't rolling?
  Squib detonator guy: "What? Oh sorry. Thought you were filming."

 Fuck!

   Director Jimmy Bickert gives me a shrug and points to the next guy to take my place. The soon-to-be immortalized "Dear God No!" IMDB credit listing for "Pissing guy" was now destined for someone other than myself.
  And my shot at stardom was gone as quickly and as capriciously as it had appeared..
  Or at least that's how it appeared at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment