Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My "Dear God No!" Experience. Part One

Shane Morton during a break in the filming of "Dear God No"

  Linda and myself spent a couple days in mid-November shooting publicity shots onset for the low budget 70s retro-exploitationer "Dear God No," a biker vs. Bigfoot movie. Shane Morton had shown me the script a few months earlier when we were working together on another project and even I had been taken aback by the grimy audacity of its envelope-pushing. There was no way I could say no to participating in a movie that had Bigfoot, bikers, machine gun-wielding strippers, Nazi experiments, and abused nuns, no matter how peripheral and insignificant that participation might end up being.
  If ever anyone is to say in the years to come "Wasn't there some weird fucked up biker-Bigfoot movie that shot here in town?" I will be able to proudly hold my head up and say "Oh yes. And I was there."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment