Monday, January 3, 2011

Really? Another Fuckin' Blog? Really?

  Ah, the first post. The purpose of which, of course, is to explain why the world needs another God damn blog.
  Well, I've got nothing. The world doesn't need another blog. The world needs less blogs. The world needs more people to wake up to both their lack of writing talent and to the dull banality of their day to day lives which in no way needs to be shared.
  And perhaps I am one of these poor deluded saps. We shall see. Or, worse case scenario, I alone shall see.
  Who am I? Well, I was a political cartoonist for the Birmingham Post-Herald for 20 years before it abruptly folded in 2006. co-edited and co-published Rant Magazine, an arts and politics monthly, from 1996 to 2001. Currently I write comedy for the stage here in the Atlanta area and, as an Aspergerian and angry activist, spend a lot of my time lately skirmishing with behaviorists and other local pseudo-scientists. Oh, and I'm also a faith-hating atheist.
  So, hopefully, this curmudgeony mixture of whimsy and loathing will be as delightful as anything the Unabomer ever wrote in his manifesto.
  But if not, I'm a photographer as well, so I'll be posting pix of hot chicks too.
  I probably do hate you but I will pander to you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment